Wednesday 5 March 2014

Urban Decay VICE Palette


Urban Decay VICE palette



 
 
 
So I may be slighty late jumping on the bandwagon with this one because I know it has been out a while, but I have just started using this palette and I think it is one of the best palettes Urban Decay has to offer - it is called the Vice Palette, and it is one of my favourites of the Urban Decay bunch along with the amazing NAKED's. Although fun, lots of Urban Decay's previous palettes have come in excessive packaging which makes them a bit impractical so I love the simplicity of this one.
 
 
 
The design not only looks good but it is fantastically made compared to others like it. The shadows are boxed up in a really solid, water resistant package, which, with the click of a button, opens up to reveal twenty amazing shadows. Inside is also a really big mirror that shows your whole face so I think this is an excellent use of space. Of course, unlike the NAKED's, this isn't your typical throw in the handbag palette as it is quite big, but I think it makes the perfect compliment to a dressing table and the versatility of this palette is like no other. Now on to the shadows...
 
 

I think I have said before that Urban Decay shadows shed quite a bit so be aware of that when you are applying them but let this not be a reason to get in the way of how amazing the shadows are otherwise. The quality is lovely for they are both super pigmented but also the forumla is finely milled so they blend beautifully. What I think this palette in particular offers is scope to create an abundance of incredible looks and I think all the shadows are uniquely interesting and eyecatching. I love how it offers soft golden smokey colours then really bright colours, along with staple nudes and blacks - I'm sure there is a few shadows in there for everyone. Here are the swatches and the names...
 
 
Desparation, Muse, Jagged, Blitz, Penny Lane
 
 
 
Junkie, Chaos, Occupy, Unhinged, Black Market
 
 
Provocateur, Rapture, Vice, Noise, Armor
 
 
Nevermind, Echo Beach, Anonymous, Freebird, Laced
  
With Christmas shopping in full swing, I think this palette would make a perfect gift as it's hard to go wrong with it. I also think for the price paid (£42) this is brilliant value because I think each of the shadows will get used for different occassions and they will last you such a long time. What do you guys think? Will this palette be on your Christmas list this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment