Saturday 1 March 2014

Makeup Forever HD Foundation Review!

 I have a new favourite foundation - Makeup Forever HD. I take foundation testing veryseriously; I bought this in LA back in August and have been using it for a good 8 weeks before I feel happy to review it for you guys. If you are like me and always excited at the thought of a new and perfect foundation, you will be excited to hear that I think this one is holy grail material!
 
 
As you can see it has great staying power. However, powder is a must for me, as I have an oily t-zone. I have heard brilliant things about the MUFE powder, but I have just been using a Clinique one and that's been working fine. This is a medium-buildable foundation that feels light on the skin, as it's so pigmented. It's very "fluidy" - I apply it with a buffing brush and a small amount goes a long way. The key with this foundation is less is more! I have found that if I apply too much, it just makes it not last as long on my skin and it gets too dewy too quickly. I wouldn't say it gives the skin a "natural" look, as the coverage is so good it makes your skin look quite perfect, however it's not cakey and after a few hours it looks a little dewy on my skin - I quite like a little dewiness! I have heard people with drier skin types say this foundation clings to dry patches. I think it would be fine to use on drier skin types if you are after flawless coverage, but you would need to exfoliate and moisturise well to create a smooth canvas to work the foundation on to. Basically, I love this foundation, but I think it takes some experimenting with to work out how best to use it. It was initially designed to be used for flash photography and on HD TV and I have to say it photographs beautifully. I have worn it out on many occasions over the last few weeks and always been happy with how my skin looked in photos. In terms of staying power, I would say it lasts 8 hours if powdered, if not powdered then it lasts about 3 hours. Bear in mind my skin is combination. 
 
Have any of you guys tried this foundation? Do you love it or hate it?
 
Love Gracie xxx,
Kisses For My Fishes <3 <3 <3 <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment