Thursday 6 March 2014

Kate Moss Matte Lipstick Collection

Kate Matte Lipstick Collection



 

 So the new Kate Moss for Rimmel lipstick collection is soon to arrive in stores on October 3rd. Here's a sneak peek at the lovely five matte lipsticks that form the Autumn Winter collection!
 
 
 
 
Colour numbers from left to right: 110, 107, 113, 111, 101
 
I love the variety of colours here and I love how despite this being her third collection, they really resemble Kate Moss' signature style with their elegant, sexy, sophisticated and rock chick tones. I love the vibrant orange-red of colour 110 and then the deep plum colour of 107 is probably my favourite, I just think it's just the perfect sophisticated colour to warm up and define any look making it instantly glamourous. The middle colour is a perfect nude, a good dupe for Creme de Nude by MAC, I always think having a more peachy toned, rather than cooler toned, nude colour is a great staple and goes particularly well with a dark smokey eye which Kate often sports! Shade 111 is a signature ruby red, I like its deep tone making it more dramatic and chic, again another colour I would associate with Kate Moss. Finally, colour 101 has to be my least favourite as it is a colour that I just wouldn't wear on a day to day basis, however, I know some of you guys would go for a bubblegum pink colour it's just a shade that I don't think suits me. All in all though, I love the collection!
 
Asides from the shade variety, I also think the quality is amazing. In particular, for matte lipsticks they feel incredibly comfortable and hydrating despite giving off an obvious matte finish. In terms of longevity, their staying power is really great! I went out for dinner last week wearing the plum 107 colour and ate spaghetti and it was still there at the end of the meal! For the price paid the quality is undoubtable!
 
Let me know if you check them out! 
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment