Wednesday 5 March 2014

My Juice Cleanse Experience!

My Juice Cleanse Experience


I'm sure lots of you have heard of juicing as it is getting more and more popular. At home I have juicer and I use it regularly. I think adding a green vegetable juice into your day is fantastic habit to have and can really help maintain good skin and just general good health. However, when I am feeling particularly sluggish or I'm breaking out, or I haven't had a very good diet etc, I opt for a juice cleanse. Usually I make the juices myself with my juicer, but this week I'm in London and am super busy so I won't have time to make the juices. Also, my juicer is in Norwich so I placed a juice order this time. Now believe me, I love food and when I embarked upon my first juice cleanse a couple of years ago, the idea of not chewing actual food for 3 days was quite daunting. I never thought I would be able to do it, but I did, and ever since I have been a fan of a 3 day juice cleanse every now and then to give me a boost and make my insides happy! Juice cleanses improve digestion, can clear up your skin, detoxify your system and basically just give you a ton of nutrients. I did this exact juice cleanse from Radiance Cleanse a couple of months ago so even though today is just day 1 for me. I feel like I can tell you about it as I've done it before! The first day is easy, as you're so eager to try all the juices (you have 5 a day, pictured below). On day 2 I often feel like I want to order a pizza, I don't know why! You just have to stay strong and think of all the toxins leaving your body, I think of it as doing my body a favour. Rest is really important during a juice cleanse so I make sure I get 8 hours each night to give my body time to recover and recharge. I also drink plenty of water and peppermint tea too! Oooo and to really treat yourself, try having a bath with Epsom salts - this will work with the juice to help release toxins. I generally find day 3 quite easy as I feel excited that I've almost finished the cleanse and look forward to the feeling of accomplishment. On the day after the cleanse I always wake up feeling amazing and energised, I can't explain the boost a juice cleanse gives you, you just feel fantastic. Also, I find my cravings for bad, sugary foods are no longer there so much. For breakfast the day after the cleanse I usually go for smoked salmon, eggs and avocado. This is a typical breakfast for me. I will write the ingredients of the juices out below as the writing is so small on the bottles it's hard to see in the picture! I'm now drinking my Cashew Milk juice, as you can see in the photo, I like to pour my juices into glasses to drink them unless I'm on the go!

Power Green: Cucumber, Pear, Celery, Lemon, Wheatgrass, Spinach
Alka Green: Courgette, Apple, Fennel, Lemon, Brocolli, Spinach
Cashew Milk: Water, Cashews, Maple Syrup, Himalayan Pink Salt, Coconut Butter
Vital Green: Cucumber, Apple, Lime, Spinach, Flat Leaf Parsley


Have any of you ever tried a juice cleanse? If so, what did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment